A fresh, satisfying cocktail featuring a unique combination of rosemary and cranberry that’s sure to pleasure your liquor hole.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1.5 ounces fresh lime
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemon
- 1.5 ounces rosemary-infused simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes cranberry bitters
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Seltzer water to taste
For the Simple Syrup
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Place two rosemary sprigs in pan and muddle while water heats.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Strain into a container (a mason jar will keep your simple syrup fresh for weeks) and let cool.
For the Cocktail
- Combine gin, lime, lemon, simple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Fill rocks glass with 2-3 ice cubes.
- Strain mixture into glass, top with seltzer, and stir gently.
- Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig and a twist of lime. (For a fuller aromatic experience, rub the rosemary sprig around the glass’s rim.)
In a Pinch?
Simple syrup is a common ingredient in many cocktails and can be found at both liquor stores and supermarkets. If you don’t have time to boil your own rosemary-infused simple syrup, muddle 1/2 sprig of rosemary in the shaker before straining contents into your glass.